Friday, February 1, 2013

It gets weird!

So I haven't updated since last week, because things have gotten weird, and I started to feel weird!  Like maybe this is too private.  Or maybe let's not mention that because it's getting too close, getting too real, y'all. But then again, weird, private, close and real are also interesting, am I right? So this has been the last week (nothing too embarassing):

  • Last Friday: Ultrasound shows big ol' follicles, blood work shows major jump in hormones, Dr. says, "Let's get this party started!" But the doctor wasn't invited to the party.  AWKWARD.
  • Saturday: Took Ovidrel trigger shot. This causes the follicles to grow a little bit more and then release out into that wild wet yonder. I had extremely vivid dreams of floating in the ocean for three days after.
  • Sunday: Weird, what's going on in my belly?  I'm sleepy.
  • Monday: Oh Jesus, *&%$, I'M EXPLODING OW OW OW OW (By the way this all seems to be totally normal, no worries.)
  • Tuesday: I just needed to rest from that crazy abdominal work out from the day before.
  • Wednesday-Friday: Well, it's just weird. I feel weird. That's as far as I can explain at this point without having to retract later!
Here's an interesting bit of trivia: that trigger shot which causes ovulation contains the same hormone which is measured by home pregnancy tests. So after you take the trigger shot you can get a fake positive on a home pregnancy test, just for the fun of it. Of course you have to wait at least until the end of next week to take a valid test, and even then your husband will not believe it until the doctor confirms it with a blood test.

1 comment: