Friday, January 18, 2013

Stick it

After I bitch, rant, and moan about being too busy/overwhelmed and having to work on Saturday, my therapist deadpans, "So the hormones are working." She also would not give me a diagnosis of "Too Delicate to Work."

So acupuncture was like a million rainbow beams of awesome! I'm not sure what all happened, but there were a bunch of needles and then I fell asleep for at least an hour. That was, seriously, the most therapeutic thing that has happened to me all week. The needles create a sort of restraint because you can't move and risk sticking yourself all willy nilly.  So I'm wondering if I wouldn't benefit from a weekly nap with some mild immobilization.  But I enjoyed all the Chinese medicine talk and herbalism stuff too. I think they said we need to get my liver chi moving. I'm not making fun. Moving energy around and getting rid of tension will make this fertility process so much better for me.

Nothing new going on in my ovaries as of this morning's ultrasound.  Estrogen levels are still rising, though, which I think indicates there's something inside me that is trying to cooperate.  Going back Monday.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Are you going to acupuncture of your own accord, or is it part of the regime you're following? i've been curious about it but also hesitant to go...but only ever hear good things.

    Glad the hormones are doing what they're doing (even if it involves grouchiness).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked into it on the recommendation of a friend. Why are you hesitant?

      Delete